National Chung Hsing University
National Chung Hsing University – Graduate Institute of Technology Management
The “Graduate Institute of Technology Management” was established in August of 2002, and merged with the “Institute of Electronic Commerce (IEC)” in 2009; the name of “Graduate Institute of Technology Management” was kept and used until now. In order to enhance the student’s ability of technology innovation and enterprise value-added in the trend of knowledge economy and globalization, the institute applies “all-English lectures” and dedicates to educating professional managers who possess both humanities and technology management specialties.
The characteristics and directions of the institute are as follows:
1. Nurturing managers who possess both humanities and technology management specialties.
The all-English Master program and Ph. D program of the institute comprise Technology Management program and Electronic Commerce program. The courses cover “Innovation and Technology Management,” “New Product development,” “Electronic Commerce Management,” “Technology of Electronic commerce and application,” etc.
- Innovation and Technology Management
Creativity and Technology Commercialization, Strategic Management of Technological Innovation, Entrepreneurship Management, Research and Development Management, Intellectual Capital Management, Business Analysis & Valuation, etc.
- Product Development and Project Management
New Product Development and Management, Project Management, Supply Chain Management, Real Options and Technology Investment Evaluation, Decision Science, etc.
- Electronic Commerce Management
Electronic business, Internet Consumer Behavior, Knowledge Management, Customer Relationship Management, Services Management, etc.
- Electronic Commerce Technology and applications
E-Commerce Theory and Applications, E-Commerce Website Development, E-Commerce Application Development, Data Communication and Networking, Emerging E-Commerce Technologies, Neural Networks Applications, etc.
2. Nurturing Technology Managers who Possess Global Perspective and Global Industry Insights
The provision of “all-English” lessons in the institute aims to fulfill the need of industrial upgrading and Globalization of the Taiwan industries. The institute aims to nurture technology managers with Global insights by enhancing the student’s English ability. Furthermore, in addition to the locale students, the institute also enrolls foreign students and exchange students so that the locale students could have a chance to communicate and interact with international students.
So far, the institute has cooperated with Trobe University in Australia to provide a dual degree program, benefiting 1-2 students each year. Moreover, many students have attended the exchange student program in other universities, including University of Innsbruck (Austria), University of Tuebingen (Germany), University of Virginia (USA), Yamaguchi University (Japan), ITM (India), Czech Technical University (Prague), and Otto-von-Guericke University (Germany). Since 2007, the institute has enrolled many international students come from sister school, including universities in India, Uganda, Czech Republic, Thailand, United States, Peru, and France, etc.
Core competence of GITM
- The Taiwan industries is in the stage of industrial upgrading and enterprise globalization, which urgently demands human resources with both technology and management specialties. The institute of GITM possess the first-rate staff, specialized course, and all-English lessons, nurturing professional managers with humanities, technology management, and global insights that fulfill the need of human resources in Taiwan industries.
- The middle area of Taiwan is the industry cluster for space industry, bio-tech industry, automation industry, and optoelectronics industry. In order to assist the Central Taiwan Science Park (CTSP) in developing these industries, National Chung Hising University has set up a technical service center for CTSP. The institute of GITM also cooperates with the service center to provide excellent human resources.
- National Chung Hsing University is the only first-rate university in central Taiwan, and also one of the best national universities in Taiwan. The Taichung Campus contains the College of Liberal Arts, the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources, the College of Science, the College of Engineering, the College of Life Sciences, the College of Veterinary Medicine, the College of Social Sciences and Management, and the Extension Division for In-service and Continuing Education.
- The university owns four experimental forests located in New Taipei City, Nantou County, Taichung City, and Tainan City, respectively. It also owns two experimental farms located at Wufeng and Wuri Districts in Taichung City.
- National Chung Hsing University has establish the world class “Innovation and Incubator Center” and “Technology Licensing Center,” forming a complete “new venture system” that enables students to take part in new venture environment and obtain experience from intern opportunities. Thus, enabling students to apply their knowledge to practice.